Unity 3d price and things related to
Want to produce a game for Android or iOS? Worried about “Unity game development cost” question? Likely it’s more simple than you can imagine, you just need to retrieve the proper instrument. Unity3D is such an instrument that gives you approach to a high-level game engine and simplifies the development process fairly to be suitable for absolute beginners (with bare minimum programming skills). Actually, Unity 3D is so novice-friendly that you can build a great game with slightly any coding experience. Unity development is that easy!
Certain people will claim that using an engine like Unity is “unsporting” or that it isn’t “actually genuine coding”. But who cares? Great bestseller apps like Lara Croft GO, Subway Surfers, Temple Run, and yet Deus Ex: The Fall were made with Unity and they have gone far with joy and profit. Using Unity is a lot smoother than creating a game from “greenfield project” or using other big engines. So why would you give a hard time to yourself?
But before we move on to the unity mobile game development cost, let’s find why mobile games are popular.
Why mobile games are popular
• Portability. Possibly the top reason for such a popularity. Easy access – easy gaming, just take your smartphone and play, that’s simple;
• Mobile and time-friendly. Not a secret, that devs are making games you can play-on-the-go, so they don’t steal much of your precious time;
• Price. Compared to large AAA-projects, mobile games are cheap and sometimes even almost free;
• Fun. Do you remember hours spent in “Angry Birds” or “Candy Crash Saga”? Bet you will!;
And now it’s time for tiresome but exciting Statistics (because everyone loves it):
But unfortunately, most of the profit is impossible without the market and the target audience analysis. And here we are – few things about Target Audience:
• Gender: a neoteric research found that women (you will not believe) spending a lot more time and funds on mobile games than men audience. Steel, female gamers outperformed men – 35% and 31% for time and purchases accordingly.
The diagram below shows that 2016 will be hot for girls, playing mobile games. This is significant for startups and developers, who are wanting to start making a game, or trying to refine marketing, enlarge revenue.
Statistics by genres (learn.mobilispot.com)
Popular games (www.realitymine.com)
• Age. Surprisingly, but the larger half of mobile games market is not covered with children and teens. Parents are doubtless becoming gamers, more than their children – adults age 25-44 contain an immense 54% of mobile gamers. The 16-24 age party delivers an idle 14.2% of mobile gamers, while people older than 45 set up about a third.
The value of the older gaming users is additionally intensified by the study from the mobile gaming community, MocoSpace. The consequence of this research discloses a direct interconnection between the percentage of funds spent on virtual commodity on social games and gamer age – older gamers spend more. As you can see from research, 70% of all the gamers above the age of 45 bought virtual merchandise.
Age diagram (www.realitymine.com)
• Time. Another data shows a dependence of gender and time of the day. The graph specifies that peak sessions are from 5 to 10pm, but the extended game sessions originate from midnight to 5am.
Still, another research shows, that peak of downloads falls on Friday till Sunday.
Downloads by day (sensortower.com)
It is not surprising that these data shows that games are an ease time activity. Unity game developers must place their games during these peaks due to the app categories and gender of customers.
What is “unity for game development”?
So, if you’re in game dev, you probably already heard about Unity. It’s a cross-platform engine (2D & 3D), developed to be novice-friendly as much as possible, created to be user-friendly, being considerable even for pros.
If you think that this is a perfect opportunity for game development for android with Unity3D or iOS dev then you may take part.
Game development for ios with unity3d (and not only) advantages:
• Unity decrease dev’s strivings, time, and expenses in game dev;
• Brings complex tools for great aural atmosphere;
• Node.js low-level API;
• Unity engine cost – in comparison with others, this game engine has pretty democratic price tag, providing ample opportunities. Actually, the price of the engine starts at $0, but more on unity 3d price we will write below.;
• Cross-platform build – you can design games for mobile, desktops, and even for the web.
Тo be unfounded, let’s look at several popular games that have been developed on the Unity engine and figure out – how much does it cost to develop a game with Unity 3D:
Genre: Card Game
A Warcraft universe free-to-play multiplayer card game with more than 30 million subscribers! It handles huge Warcraft world to make large card sets kept of different characters, and have ordinary but dramatic gameplay that will attract everybody in seconds.
2. Temple Run
Developer: Imangi Studios
Genre: Endless Runner
Costs: from $10,000 to $250,000
Temple Run is a game for mobile platforms Android, iOS and Windows Phone, which allows you to do only one thing – to run away from different treats. It was published in 2011 and became an instantaneous breakthrough. The main story runs through a stolen from a temple treasure. Now, like a real Indiana Jones, the player has to run away from keepers who chase him, wanting to get things back. The purpose is to run as long as possible because the game is endless (until you fall down or until keepers eat you).
Genre: Space flight simulator
(high complexity game)
The game action rotates around Kerbals, tiny green aliens, who project space ships to get in space, or to discover other worlds. It concentrates on true physics, valuing designing an expedient space ship and forwarding it to space is a highly provocative and fun action. The game brings hours of excellent joy.
Brinjal app [ Chek out on Behance ]
Having regard to the above, you can already draw certain conclusions that the unity3d game development really gives a lot of opportunities for the realization of interesting and diverse projects. From “simple” card games to quite ambitious action projects that can give you many hours of adventure.
Now let’s smoothly move on to the unity cost.
Unity3d game development hidden rocks
So, if you want to start Unity game development company or to produce custom unity game development services, there are few things you have to know in addition.
Also read: How much does it cost to make an app
First thing to start – you have to define the future concept of the game, hire Unity 3d developers ($73,000+ yr for Game Designer, $92,000+ yr for Programmer, $75,000+ yr for Art and Animation, $68,000 yr for Audio, $49,000 yr for Quality Assurance, average according to Gamasutra), and of course purchase licenses – not a complete list of cost to make a game with Unity3d.
And actuall unity price link you can find here.
Unity engine cost
|Unity Pro 5.x||$1.500|
|iOS Pro 5.x||$1.500|
|Android Pro 5.x||$1.500|
|Windows Phone 8 Pro||included|
|Windows Store Apps Pro||included|
Unity price with subscription
|Windows Phone 8 Pro||included|
|Windows Store Apps Pro||included|
If you interested in big business, development costs, and time requirements, you can take this: “Angry Birds” was created by 4 people, the value near $114,000 and reached about 8 months to develop.
Unity development concluding Note
But just having ideas is not enough, after designing all game documents will start a long developing period, which can take few months (in some cases even years) – that’s where the fun begin, be patient and don’t forget to test your product. Not only after developing but even in process.
Or, instead of making your life hard, you can take a quick look at our game development for ios with unity3d project ” Brinjal ” and be free to contact us – we will do our best in helping you solving problems.
Unity game development for iOS and Android – developers like It, users are addicted to it.